In my opinion, nothing smells better than warm banana bread. I baked this the day of an exam and it certainly calmed my nerves. A good dollop of Nutella and a chocolatey-nutty flavour to this crumbly cake/bread. Is banana bread actually bread or is it cake? I never know.
Anyway, this was incredibly easy to make and was even easier to eat!
Recipe adapted from BBC Food
You will need:
- 145g softened unsalted butter
- 145g caster sugar
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 145g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (make sure these aren't too cold if you kept them in the fridge, like me)
- 2 tbsp Nutella
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until golden, light and fluffy.
2. Beat the eggs and vanilla together before adding to the butter/sugar mixture.
3. Add in the flour and baking powder.
4. Gently mix in the banana
5. Place into a lined loaf tin and spoon on your Nutella
6. Use a knife to swirl it throughout the loaf
7. Bake in a 180 oven for 50 minutes
This cakes ends up with a kinda crispy outside and all the Nutella sinks to the bottom, meaning every slice gets a large chunk of the goodness. Bake and eat quickly!