This recipe was initially inspired by a picture I saw on twitter of an Oreo cheesecake, which looked ridiculously delicious. Then, the theme for my next University Baking Society meeting was "no bake" so instead of making the standard rocky road or flapjacks, i thought about no bake cheesecake and thus Oreo Cheesecake Bites were born. Cute story, right?
Anyway, these are ridiculously simple to make and they are even easier if you have a stand/hand mixer (to whip the cream). If you leave these overnight then the layer of Oreo in contact with the cheesecake can get a little soggy but I think it really adds to the overall texture.
- A packet of Oreos (approximately 14)
- cupcake cases
- 250g soft cream cheese
- 100ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract/essence
1. Place the cupcake cases in a cupcake tin and put an Oreo in the base of each. These actually fit very nicely.
2. Whip up the double cream until it becomes nice and thick.
3. Mix in the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar until it is smooth.
4. Place a nice dollop on top of each Oreo and put in the fridge until you want to eat them
Mmmmm, looks so good!